Aviario: The Archivists
The Tenets, Circa 1773
- The world is a system of balance, both as micro- and macro-cosm. There is no extreme without its converse.
- We are agents of that balance, and act to keep the scales aplomb.
- Not all places shall be in balance at once. If one place is at peace, so it must be that another is at war. Most of the time, humans take care of this themselves, but on occasion, the flux must be facilitated carefully.
- We integrate the Anima as a manifestation of the connected magical energies of this world. It is primarily a guide, and not a weapon or conduit of power, unless as a means of defense.
- Our secrecy is not an exclusionary measure, but a protective one. Some of the secrets we hold must be well-kept from those who would abuse them.
- We are all of different natures and cultures, as well as histories. Disagreement is expected, disrespect intolerable.
- So long as a culture and its balance, as well as all involved, are respected, any measure of maintenance may be taken – though thorough consideration by a council of peers is mandatory.
- The branches of the Organization shall work cooperatively at all times, regardless of conflict.